Riddleberger Brothers, Inc. is seeking to hire a talented and growth-minded individual to join our team as a Sheet Metal Superintendent.
We offer career opportunities that allow you to be part of a team and grow as an individual.
Please click the video below to hear from RBI team members about what they like most about their jobs, and what it's like to build a career at RBI.
We offer you:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Apprenticeship opportunities with a pathway to licensure
- Growth and development opportunities
- Scholarship program for our employees’ children
- Discounts at major automotive, computer, and cell phone companies
- Employee referral incentives
- Available with certain positions, where necessary/required:
- Company mobile phone and/or tablet
- Company vehicle
- Company uniforms
- And much more!
Our benefits package offers you:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurances
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurances
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Day Care FSA's
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Generous Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- And much more!
Please click the video below to hear from RBI team members about training and development opportunities at RBI!
Riddleberger Brothers, Inc. has over seven decades of service to our customers; we are an established leader in heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing and piping. Our extensive range of services combined with our experience ensures that we meet our customers’ every need and enables us to offer a broad range of career opportunities.
- Main office is located at 6127 South Valley Pike, Mount Crawford, VA 22841
- Parent Company - Comfort Systems USA (https://comfortsystemsusa.com/)
- We are a full-service plumbing, mechanical, HVAC service, controls, and design-build company
Please click the video below to hear from RBI team members about RBI’s history and culture!
Primary Purpose of this position:
Supervise all activities associated with sheet metal field installation.
Specific Job Duties:
- Ensure compliance with all safety standards, policies and procedures
- Assure that duct systems are fabricated and installed in accordance with plans and specifications
- Oversee layout of duct systems and related work
- Engage in continuous improvement activities
- Actively pursue personal development opportunities
- Train, mentor and develop subordinates
- Enforce company policies and assure compliance with company procedures
- Manage field scheduling in a manner that supports project completion schedules while minimizing work in process inventory
- Manage sheet metal field employees and complete daily tasks with the team
- Coordinate and mobilize all resources required to meet job schedule requirements
- Engage all employees within span of control in order to build relationships, assess employee performance, observe work progress and assure a safe work environment
- Lay out and install product as a mechanic when time allows and when assisting on another superintendent's project
- Communicate and work effectively with other departments within the company, General Contractors Construction Managers, owners, subcontractors and other trades
- Participate in pre-construction and post-construction meetings
- Perform additional duties relative to position as assigned by supervisor
- Consistently monitor labor and material costs to ensure operating within established budget parameters
- Complete project reports such as weekly planners, 2-week planners and participate in the budget scrubbing process
- Seek opportunities to reduce costs through the use of pre-fabrication, value engineering suggestions, effective vehicle utilization and managing for improved productivity
Formal education, certifications and/or experience required:
- Education in the trades; Journeyman or Master's License preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience as a sheet metal mechanic or similar position
- 2 or more years experience in a supervisory capacity preferred
- Punctual and regular attendance
- Ability to work on a team and interact with people
- Valid driver's license and ability to meet the company driver qualification policy
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products preferred
- Ability to work 10 hour days, flexible schedule
- Attend and participate in training as needed
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications in order to accurately accomplish layout of duct systems
If you are interested in:
- Developing your skills
- Providing outstanding Customer Service
- Safety and Quality
then a career with Riddleberger Brothers, Inc. may be right for you; we strive to work safely and exceed customer expectations!
If you are ready to join a growing, family-oriented company that puts their team members first, apply today, and build your future with Riddleberger Brothers, Inc.!
To complete an electronic application for employment, click here, save the document to your files, and send the saved document to email@example.com. Resumes are welcome, too!
Riddleberger Brothers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.