Riddleberger Brothers, Inc. is seeking to hire a talented and growth-minded individual to join our team as a Commercial HVAC Service Technician Level 3.
We offer career opportunities that allow you to be part of a team and grow as an individual.
Please click the video below to hear from RBI team members about what they like most about their jobs, and what it's like to build a career at RBI.
We offer you:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Apprenticeship opportunities with a pathway to licensure
- Growth and development opportunities
- Scholarship program for our employees’ children
- Discounts at major automotive, computer, and cell phone companies
- Employee referral incentives
- Available with certain positions, where necessary/required:
- Company mobile phone and/or tablet
- Company vehicle
- Company uniforms
- And much more!
Our benefits package offers you:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurances
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurances
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Day Care FSA's
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Generous Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time
- And much more!
Please click the video below to hear from RBI team members about training and development opportunities at RBI!
Riddleberger Brothers, Inc. has over seven decades of service to our customers; we are an established leader in heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing and piping. Our extensive range of services combined with our experience ensures that we meet our customers’ every need and enables us to offer a broad range of career opportunities.
- Main office is located at 6127 South Valley Pike, Mount Crawford, VA 22841
- Parent Company - Comfort Systems USA (https://comfortsystemsusa.com/)
- We are a full-service plumbing, mechanical, HVAC service, controls, and design-build company
Please click the video below to hear from RBI team members about RBI’s history and culture!
Primary Purpose of this position:
Service, maintain and repair most commercial HVAC systems.
Specific Job Duties:
- Follow and adhere to all company safety requirements and processes
- With the necessary service literature, the Level 3 technician has the technical expertise to service, perform maintenance on, and repair most:
- Air-cooled water chillers equipped with reciprocating, scroll, or screw compressors
- Water-cooled DX water chillers equipped with reciprocating, scroll, or screw compressors
- Electronic controls incorporated with most packaged water chillers
- Chilled- and hot-water piping and pumping systems equipped with variable speed drives
- Most gas-fired and electric hot-water heating systems typically found in commercial systems
- Electronic and computer-controlled digital temperature-control systems typically found in commercial systems
- Electronic variable-speed drives typically connected to VAV air handlers and pumps
- Packaged, water-cooled AC units up to 100 tons
- Water-source heat pumps and associated equipment
- Computer-room-type units with self-contained humidifiers and controls
- Gas-fired and electric-heating systems found in commercial equipment up to 100 tons
- Pneumatic, electronic, and modular DDC control systems generally associated with commercial HVAC systems
- Air-handling equipment including VAV systems typically found in larger commercial systems
- Basic maintenance on atmospheric gas fired hot water boilers
- Perform general maintenance on chilled- and hot-water piping and pumping systems and associated equipment.
- Has the technical expertise to service, perform maintenance on, and repair most:
- Direct expansion AC equipment up to 5 tons
- Most gas-fired and electric heating systems typically found in systems up to 5 tons
- Low-voltage (24-volt or 1- to 10-volt) temperature-control systems generally associated with HVAC equipment
- Air-handling equipment and duct systems associated with commercial HVAC equipment
- Broad knowledge of larger commercial HVAC equipment
- Understanding of single and three phase electrical systems
- Must have the ability to travel to job sites and occasionally have overnight stays
- Valid driver’s license and ability to meet company driver qualification policy
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must be a high school or trade school graduate or have a GED
- Must hold a Universal Refrigerant Card and Gas Fitters Card (Type I and Universal)
- Must have at least five years of commercial experience
If you are interested in:
- Developing your skills
- Providing outstanding Customer Service
- Safety and Quality
then a career with Riddleberger Brothers, Inc. may be right for you; we strive to work safely and exceed customer expectations!
If you are ready to join a growing, family-oriented company that puts their team members first, apply today, and build your future with Riddleberger Brothers, Inc.!
To complete an electronic application for employment, click here, save the document to your files, and send the saved document to email@example.com. Resumes are welcome, too!