We offer career opportunities that allow you to be part of a team and grow as an individual. We strive to work safely and exceed customer expectations! If you're interested in:
- Developing your skills
- Providing outstanding Customer Service
- Safety and Quality
... then a career with Riddleberger Brothers, Inc. may be right for you!
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Day Care FSA's
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Sick Time
Riddleberger Brothers, Inc. has over seven decades of service to our customers; we are an established leader in heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing and piping. Our extensive range of services combined with our experience ensures that we meet our customers’ every need and enables us to offer a broad range of career opportunities.
- Main office is located in Mt. Crawford, VA
- Parent Company - Comfort Systems USA
- Full service plumbing, mechanical, HVAC service, controls and design-build company
Primary Purpose: Analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other available documentation in order to prepare accurate time, material and labor cost estimates of jobs bidding.
Specific Job Duties:
- Follow safety guidelines and policies in support of the company safety program.
- Responsible for staying current on code changes as they relate to the industry
- Read general conditions, determine alternates, allowances and permit fees
- Read specifications, review drawings and submit pre-bid questions to the architect/engineer/general contractor
- Receive request for project to be quoted from department manager or Senior Estimator
- Obtain plans and specifications for project and determine if project will require a bid bond based on project being bid as a prime contract
- Compile take-off summaries and enter on recap and bid sheets
- Prepare of "Request for Quotations" data for solicitation of quotes from suppliers and sub-contractors; solicit pricing from multiple vendors for competitive comparison
- Input pricing information updates and assure the accuracy of all rough material prices
- Formal education, certifications and/or experience required:
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical / plumbing piping systems and equipment preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience preferred, with bulk of experience in mechanical estimating in heavy commercial, industrial and institutional construction
- Other Requirements:
- Strong computer skills; Microsoft Office preferred
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret requests for proposals.
- Valid driver's license and ability to meet company driver qualification policy
Apply today and build your future with Riddleberger Brothers, Inc.!