We offer career opportunities that allow you to be part of a team and grow as an individual. We strive to work safely and exceed customer expectations! If you're interested in:
- Developing your skills
- Providing outstanding Customer Service
- Safety and Quality
... then a career with Riddleberger Brothers, Inc. may be right for you!
We are a Virginia Apprenticeship Sponsor which provides a path to licensure.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Day Care FSA's
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Sick Time
- Company vehicle
Corporate office located in Mt. Crawford, VA.
Parent Company - Comfort Systems USA
Full service plumbing, mechanical, HVAC Service, controls and design-build company.
Start-up Technician A
Primary Purpose: Responsible for start up and commission of commercial/industrial HVAC equipment
• Comply with all safety standards, policies and procedures.
• Service, maintain, start, commission and repair the following types of equipment (not an all-inclusive list):
• Low voltage temperature-control systems generally associated with HVAC equipment
• Direct expansion constant volume, multiple circuited/compressor air conditioning equipment
• Water-cooled AC units up to 100 tons
• Water source heat pumps and associated equipment
• Atmospheric gas fired hot water boilers
• Most gas fired and electric heating systems typically found in commercial equipment up to 100 tons
• Chilled and hot water piping and pumping systems and associated equipment
• Computer room type units with self-contained humidifiers and controls
• Non-BAS, pneumatic, electronic, and modular DDC temperature controls generally associated with commercial HVAC equipment
• Boilers with forced air burners under 200 HP
• Air handling equipment typically found in larger commercial systems
• Air-cooled water chillers equipped with reciprocating, scroll and screw compressors
• Electronic controls incorporated with most packaged water chillers
• Electronic Variable Speed Drives typically connected to VAV air handlers, pumps, towers, etc.
• VAV Systems
• Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions
• Must be able to lift 75 lbs. and frequently carry 40 lbs. unassisted
• Ability to lift tools, pipe and fixtures overhead
• Ability to work at heights
• Must be able to climb and work on ladders, scaffolding and stairs
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time as well as stoop, kneel and crouch
• Must be able to use hands to reach for, grasp and manipulate objects
• Punctual and regular attendance
• Ability to work on a team and interact with people
• Attend and participate in training as needed
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Ability to accurately read a ruler or tape measure
• Valid driver’s license and ability to meet the company driver qualification policy
• Travel to job sites and occasionally have overnight stays
• Any other duties assigned by the manager/supervisor
• Ability to work 10-hour days, flexible schedule
Apply today and build your future with Riddleberger Brothers, Inc.!