We offer career opportunities that allow you to be part of a team and grow as an individual. We strive to work safely and exceed customer expectations! If you're interested in:
- Developing your skills
- Providing outstanding Customer Service
- Safety and Quality
... then a career with Riddleberger Brothers, Inc. may be right for you!
We are a Virginia Apprenticeship Sponsor which provides a path to licensure.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Day Care FSA's
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Sick Time
- Company vehicle
Corporate office located in Mt. Crawford, VA.
Parent Company - Comfort Systems USA
Full service plumbing, mechanical, HVAC Service, controls and design-build company.
Air Balance & Commissioning Mechanic A
Primary Purpose: Responsible for balancing, commissioning and quality control assistance as required for assigned projects and/or systems.
• Comply with all safety standards, policies and procedures.
• Balance, commission and assist with quality control efforts by performing the following tasks (not an all-inclusive list):
• Inspect, test, adjust and balance heating, cooling and ventilating systems in residential, commercial and industrial buildings.
• Use specialized tools and test equipment to attain performance standards specified in system designs.
• Study system blueprints, specifications and performance data to determine configuration and purpose of system components, such as motors, pumps, fans, switches, ducts or pipes.
• Inspect systems to verify system compliance with plans and specification to detect malfunctions in system component parts.
• Discuss system malfunctions with users to isolate problems.
• Review system operations with users to verify that malfunctions have been corrected.
• Adjust system controls to settings recommended by vendor to prepare to perform tests.
• Test performance of air and hydronic systems, using specialized tools and test equipment such as pitot tube, manometer, anemometer, velometer, tachometer, psychrometer and thermometer to isolate problems and determine where adjustments are necessary.
• Open or close louvers in system ductwork; adjust flow control valves in piping to balance systems, using hand tools such as pliers, screwdriver and wrenches.
• Lead commissioning efforts where self-performed by Riddleberger Brothers, Inc., and assist in commissioning efforts where lead by a third party.
• When required, assist with quality control measures, including but not limited to, developing quality control documents, job site inspections, generating, maintaining of and follow-up on punch lists, attending meetings; and effectively managing, communicating and facilitating job site quality control requirements among all team members.
• Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
• Must be able to lift 75 lbs. and frequently carry 40 lbs. unassisted
• Ability to lift tools, pipe and fixtures overhead
• Ability to work at heights including climbing on ladders, scaffolding and stair cases
• Ability to stand for long periods of time as well as bend, crouch, kneel and work in small spaces
• Must be able to use hands to reach for, grasp and manipulate objects
• Punctual and regular attendance
• Ability to work on a team and interact with people
• Ability to accurately read a ruler or tape measure
• Attend and participate in training as needed
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Travel to job sites and occasionally have overnight stays
• Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
• Valid driver's license and ability to meet company driver qualification policy
• Ability to work 10-hour days, flexible schedule, overtime when necessary
Apply today and build your future with Riddleberger Brothers, Inc.!